Fourteen Falls: Kiambu County
Fourteen falls derive its name from 14 successive falls located on Athi River in Thika County, Kenya about 70 Kilometers North East of Nairobi off Thika-Garissa Road turning.
There is a lot to see and do in this scenic site which a spectacular 30-meter deep scenery. Before arriving at the falls, travelers can have a short stop at Chania falls located in Thika town. There is a good restaurant and a spot to watch the waterfall.
Activities and things to do
- A short boat ride leading to the heart of the falls
- Watch as divers perform spectacular shows as they dive from the cliffs to the waters below
- Boating riding,
- Walking around the rocks at the base of the falls
- Bird Watching
Near the falls is the Oldonyo Sakuk National Park also called Kilimambogo. This is due to a large number of Buffalos heard that resided there. The park is good for a day hike, camping, and recreational activities.
Up the mountain, you will find the tomb of Lord Macmillan and his dog. Also visible are communication masts for Kenya police and other telecommunication networks.
How to get there
- Using public transport.
- Pick a Thika town bound Matatu in Nairobi city center (At Tusky’s, Tusker bus station)
- Once at Thika, ask around for the Matatus heading to Kilimambogo.
- Drive to Thika town, follow Garissa road up to Kilimambogo center then take the off-road leading to the fall and the Park.
What to Carry
- Money for entrance fees
- Drinking water
- Passport or any identification document
Tour Guide and Transport
Wander Kenya offers full day tours to Fourteen falls and Kilimambogo. Whether in a group or as an individual, our private guides will show you around and give you a memorable local experience. Contact us today to book a tour.